Happy Earth Day!
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall.
We live and work with sustainability front in mind. It is a topic we’re passionate about and one we take great time into throughout the entirety of a project life cycle. Our buildings add to a sustainable planet as well as a diverse and sustainable community. Here are just a few ways we achieve this:
- Identify areas to build communities with walkable amenities and transit to reduce carbon footprint.
- Design highly efficient building systems that minimize costs to homeowners.
- Choose highly efficient appliances and fixtures to help reserve water and energy.
- During construction, work with waste management companies that are members of a provincial recycling council or equivalent association to help verify most construction material disposed is recycled effectively. This not only reduces overall waste but also promotes a cleaner and safer work environment.
- Choose products are manufactured locally. Products made closer to the location of use will have less embodied energy.
Happy Earth Day! Today and everyday, let’s stay aware of the choices we make and do our part.
Click here for for some easy tips on how you can protect the earth.